Add your domain name, select it, and click the Set Primary button. Then add the A record name, select it, and click the Set Address button.
EIMS is now ready to go, you can start creating accounts. From the Users & Groups menu select New User.
- The Account Name field is the name to be used for the email address and login name for the user.
- The Password field is the password for this user, it can be up to 31 characters.
- The User's Full Name shows in EIMS Admin and in directory searches via LDAP.
- The Login Enabled checkbox needs to be on for user to be able to login to POP3, SMTP, LDAP, etc.
- IMAP Login Enabled needs to be on for a user to be able to login using IMAP.
- Account Enabled needs to be on for a user to be able to receive email. If this is not on email to the user will be rejected with a "550 5.2.1 account disabled" error.
- Turning on Require secure authentication forces the user to always use a secure authentication mechanism such as APOP, CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 or NTLM when authenticating.
If this setting is off, the user can use authentication mechanisms that send their password over the network in plaintext.
If this setting is on, the user's email client needs to be configured to use secure authentication mechanisms. If this setting is off secure authentication mechanisms can still be used.
- Don't leave mail on server makes EIMS delete a user's email once they have downloaded it via POP3.
This does not affect IMAP users unless they also use POP3, in which case their mail will be deleted from the Inbox when they download it via POP3.
- Don't show in directory hides this user from LDAP searches.
- The Size Limit specifies how much disk space the user is allowed to use. It is based on the total size of the contents of their folder.
- Groups is a list of groups the user belongs to. You can drag a group here to make the user a member of the group.
You can select a group here and use Revoke Membership from the User menu to remove the user from that group.
- Mail action allows mail actions such as forwarding to be specified.
- Keep copies should be turned on if there is a mail action specified, and you still want mail for this user to be delivered to their inbox.
See email client configuration for information on setting up email clients to connect to EIMS.
EIMS Quick Start
Email client configuration
EIMS 3.3 Documentation
OS 9 to OS X
EIMS mailing lists
Buy EIMS from Kagi
Last modified 13 September 2007. Copyright 1997-2007 Glenn Anderson.